Life has a way of speeding up on us, and before we know it, we’re running from one thing to the next without taking the time to just stop, think and locate the little but lovely things in life.
It’s time to simplify your life. It’s time to put the brakes on the fast-paced lifestyle you’ve been leading to start enjoying the magical moment. Trust me, I know how hard it can be to slow down but YOU CAN DO IT. It’s so important to take the time to savor life’s little pleasures so check out 4 ways to simplify your life.
1. Slow Down
- Take inventory of what isn’t serving you
- Start the day slower with an intentional morning routine
- Focus on one task at a time… it’s a proven fact that multi tasking is ineffective
2. Set Simple Goals
- Set short term goals
- Write them down
- Get an accountability partner or join the community. We are rooting for you!
3. Get Rid of Distractions
- Replace distractions with B.U.D.S. ( balance, usefulness, delight & simplicity )
- Practice solitude.
- Plan a weekly disconnect day from technology
4. Set Boundaries
- Recognize your needs
- Openly communicate your boundaries
- Be consistent
Remember to occasionally take a few deep breaths and focus on the present moment. Listen to the birds singing, feel the sun on your skin, and breathe in the fresh air. Notice the small things that you usually take for granted. Appreciate the beauty that surrounds you. And most importantly, take the time to connect with the people you love.
My first passport stamp was in Costa Rica. The locals have a lifestyle mantra that embodies all that they do… Pura Vìda! … Live simply !
When you live simply, you simply live.